Bark & Fitz stores are ideal for major and secondary markets across Canada. Convenient-to-shop retail, combines with a strong emphasis on service, friendliness and core product knowledge. Most stores offer grooming services with a complement of between 1 – 4 “breed cut” groomers. We do not sell pets. Store sizes typically range from 600 sq ft to 2,000 sq ft depending on the area.
Bark & Fitz is ideal for the individual with a strong pet background and a desire to seek a career in the pet industry. Stores are stand-alone and require a full time commitment. Stores and setup are almost turnkey with the Franchisee playing a significant role in the process. The ideal candidate will live the experience, interact with their community and be actively involved in the industry. Passion for pets and great customer service are key to this opportunity.
- Site selection assistance and lease negotiation.
- Complete store design.
- Pre-opening “Coming Soon” store promotion.
- Assistance with staff hiring.
- Training and ongoing support.
- Retailing and store management experience.
- Local store marketing initiatives and a dynamic promotional program.
- Computerized central purchasing from our state of the art 60,000 square foot distribution centre and home office.
- Food bought and shipped directly from and to your store.
- Accessories and treats bought and shipped directly from our centralized distribution centre in Mississauga.
- Proprietary P.O.S. system.
- In-house IT support.
- Strong private label product programs. Our Shedrow K9 dog coat program with industry leading margins and price points as well as an ongoing and focused marketing campaign is an example of this.
- Access to a large selection of private label “human lifestyle” products which allow the business base to be expanded past pet to the owner, bringing out the “YOU” in “You and Your Pet”, and driving improved sales and margins.
- Increased margin potential and product positioning.
- In-house graphics department that provides graphics for use with local store marketing events, social media sites, in-store marketing, and related activities.
- Ongoing marketing calendar along with support materials as required.
- A unique chance at a career in the pet industry with a leading, experienced Canadian retailer.